Hackney C&E Anti-Racist Praxis Conference: Praxis (practice) to, unmask, repair and prevent the hidden wounds of racial trauma on Black and Global majority ethnic children and families in Hackney. A collection of themed sessions are on offer from 9th – 11th May. Register: HERE
Cultural Sensitivity matching children in Foster Arrangements
This workshop suitable for: Social workers, Foster Carers, Independent Reviewing Officers, Independent social workers, Advocates .
Date and time: Wed, 11 May 2022, 09:30 – 10:30
Workshop Content outline
- Insights into the development of cultural competency
- The assessment of cultural needs when matching children in care arrangements
- Supporting foster carers to meet the cultural needs of children in their care
- Anti-discriminatory advocacy
- The dangers of cultural indifference
- The use of Social Graces in the matching process
- Practitioners will understand the importance of cultural identity when finding families for their young people.
- Practitioners will gain insight into generational and collective trauma and how this can be triggered for young people in inappropriately matched care arrangements.
MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO REGISTER
Register for this event: Cultural Sensitivity matching children in Foster Arrangements
More information including how to register for other events in the collection: Hackney C&E Anti-Racist Praxis Conference