Family rights group advice services
The Family Rights Group provide a free and confidential advice service via telephone and online discussion boards. Their expert advisors have extensive experience in legal and social work practice, they help families to understand the law and child welfare processes, as well as better understand the concerns of social workers.
Family Rights Group is working alongside local authorities to implement Lifelong Links, the aim of which is to build lasting support networks for children in the care system. This short film, produced by Hertfordshire County Council and their young people, explains more.
Grandparents Plus is a national charity (England and Wales) dedicated to supporting grandparents and other relatives raising children who aren’t able to live with their parents. For further information about their services:
Interested in fostering? contact your local council
Need information about the cost of fostering? here
Information about training and support for foster cares: here
Information about types of foster care: here
Information about claiming benefits while fostering: here
- NIROMP in support of Care Day 2020! #Reimagining #CareDay20NIROMP are proud to support Care Day 2020 in collaboration with Become who have been leading this campaign in England since it … Read more
- DfE proposes banning unregulated placements for children under 16Reforms to unregulated provision for children in care and care leavers Visit DfE website for more info: https://consult.education.gov.uk/unregulated-provision/unregulated-provision-children-in-care/ Closes: 8 Apr 2020 … Read more
- Investigation into the impact of child povertyNIROMP are keen to support this important @CPAGUK and @CWIP_Research investigation into the impact of child poverty. Views are being gathered via … Read more
- All is not well in the family courts …This talk by Sir James Munby (lately President of the Family Division of the High Court of Justice of England and Wales) … Read more
- 2020 Social Care Point in Time #Adoption #fostercare #ResidentialOfsted has sent surveys to social care providers to find out about the experiences of the children, parents, staff and professionals involved. … Read more
- SUPPORTING KINSHIP CAREIn whatever form it takes, NIROMP believe that Kinship Care is an important and valuable route to settled, permanent care for many … Read more
- Councils name children's services as biggest financial pressure | CYP NowChildren’s services and education top the list of immediate funding pressures faced by councils, according to a new report. Read full piece … Read more
- INDEPENDENT CARE REVIEW #KeepThePromise #ThePromiseUnprecedented review of Scottish care system demands radical overhaul Today the independent review into Scotland's care system published its final report. https://twitter.com/TheCareReview/status/1225020226540097536?s=20 … Read more
- Flawed Placement Application #Adoption #HumanRights #fosteringThis judgment should be an important reminder of why statutory regulation, guidance and caselaw exist. Achieving what’s right for individual children based … Read more
- Local authorities told to focus on adoption for children in careCathy Ashley, the chief executive of Family Rights Group: “Adoption is the right solution for some children. However, far more children who … Read more
- EU Settlement SchemeLast summer Coram Children’s Legal Centre gave a very helpful presentation on the EU Settlement Scheme to members of NIROMP's London IROs … Read more
- 10 Year Challenge | @johnPDurham ADCSWhat does the 10 year challenge for children's services look like? There is a challenge for us all as the new government … Read more
- Joint Call for a Full, Independent Review of Children’s Social Care in EnglandDeadline: Tuesday 21st January 2020 Hundreds of individuals with personal and/or professional experience of children's social care have already signed an open letter … Read more
- Scotland's Care Review & NIROMP chair's keynoteScotland's First National Reviewing Officers Conference The conference was opened by the Chair of the Social Work Scotland Reviewing Officers Network, Derek … Read more
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.