Family rights group advice services
The Family Rights Group provide a free and confidential advice service via telephone and online discussion boards. Their expert advisors have extensive experience in legal and social work practice, they help families to understand the law and child welfare processes, as well as better understand the concerns of social workers.
Family Rights Group is working alongside local authorities to implement Lifelong Links, the aim of which is to build lasting support networks for children in the care system. This short film, produced by Hertfordshire County Council and their young people, explains more.
Grandparents Plus is a national charity (England and Wales) dedicated to supporting grandparents and other relatives raising children who aren’t able to live with their parents. For further information about their services:
Interested in fostering? contact your local council
Need information about the cost of fostering? here
Information about training and support for foster cares: here
Information about types of foster care: here
Information about claiming benefits while fostering: here
- 10 Year Challenge | @johnPDurham ADCSWhat does the 10 year challenge for children's services look like? There is a challenge for us all as the new government … Read more
- Joint Call for a Full, Independent Review of Children’s Social Care in EnglandDeadline: Tuesday 21st January 2020 Hundreds of individuals with personal and/or professional experience of children's social care have already signed an open letter … Read more
- Scotland's Care Review & NIROMP chair's keynoteScotland's First National Reviewing Officers Conference The conference was opened by the Chair of the Social Work Scotland Reviewing Officers Network, Derek … Read more
- Doing Things Differently for Care Leavers #CareExpConfVideo: Ian Dickson @IDickson258 & Dr Cat Hugman's @notjustanumber Speech @ #GMCareLeavers Conference #CareExpConf #teamies Ian Dickson @IDickson258 & Dr Cat Hugman … Read more
- Children’s voices largely absent from care records, causing significant distress, study findsChildren and young people’s voices are largely absent from their record, causing care leavers significant distress, a study published today has found. … Read more
- Changing The Narrative – Inspired Youth and North Yorkshire County CouncilInspired Youth and North Yorkshire county council have made a short film about changing the narrative of social work lingo! Changing The … Read more
- “Women are equal to everything” says ex-barmaid, current President of the Supreme Court — UK Human Rights BlogEven before Lady Hale and her spider brooch rose to national prominence following media coverage of Miller (No 2), she was something … Read more
- THE PRESSURE TO CHOOSE AN EXCLUSIVE IDENTITYWe hope this piece prompts you to ask yourself how you can provide positive help and support to children from black and … Read more
- REFLECTING ON CARE | CENTRE FOR YOUTH AND CRIMINAL JUSTICESource: Centre for Youth and Criminal Justice In their joint guest blog, Andi Brierley and Luke Burgess reflect on the ‘CARE’ group … Read more
- Research in Practice | Transitional safeguarding – bridging the gap between Children’s and Adults’ ServicesThe latest @researchIP blog explores how to work effectively with adolescents and young people when undertaking safeguarding work, recognising that adolescence throws … Read more
- Final call: UEA evaluation of the DfE 2015 Regulations and Guidance for long-term foster care #IROs #ResearchDear Colleagues, This is the final opportunity for managers of IROs and looked after children/fostering services to contribute to important ADCS supported … Read more
- In celebration of the dedication and commitment of kinship carers #Kinship Care …You Love Who You Love by Beverley Campbell. https://twitter.com/FamilyRightsGp/status/1182693479924883459?s=20 NIROMP are proud supporters of the work of the Family Rights Group. Beverley … Read more
- Consultation on Children Cases in the Family Court – Interim Proposals for ReformThe Family Division of the Courts and Tribunals Judiciary is examining proposals to reform children cases in the Family Law Court. The … Read more
- Landmark collection of reports published today: “The genie is now out of the bottle” says Ian DicksonIan Dickson, chair of the #CareExpConf group officially presented the reports at Liverpool Hope University to the Professor in Social Work Michael … Read more
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.