Family rights group advice services
The Family Rights Group provide a free and confidential advice service via telephone and online discussion boards. Their expert advisors have extensive experience in legal and social work practice, they help families to understand the law and child welfare processes, as well as better understand the concerns of social workers.
Family Rights Group is working alongside local authorities to implement Lifelong Links, the aim of which is to build lasting support networks for children in the care system. This short film, produced by Hertfordshire County Council and their young people, explains more.
Grandparents Plus is a national charity (England and Wales) dedicated to supporting grandparents and other relatives raising children who aren’t able to live with their parents. For further information about their services:
Interested in fostering? contact your local council
Need information about the cost of fostering? here
Information about training and support for foster cares: here
Information about types of foster care: here
Information about claiming benefits while fostering: here
- Parenting in fear: Child welfare micro strategies of Nigerian parents in Britain | @DrCunOkpokiri @BJofSWAuthor: Dr Cynthia Okpokiri Article featured in British Journal of Social Work On 15 December 2020 This important article focuses on Nigerian … Continue reading Parenting in fear: Child welfare micro strategies of Nigerian parents in Britain | @DrCunOkpokiri @BJofSW
- T and R, Re (Refusal of Placement Order)  EWCA Civ 71 (28 January 2021).The matter of T & R Re (Refusal of Placement Order)  EWCA Civ 71 (28 January 2021) involved an appeal by a … Continue reading T and R, Re (Refusal of Placement Order)  EWCA Civ 71 (28 January 2021).
- Building a picture of fathers in the family justice system in England | Nuffield FoundationNew research helps to build a more complete picture of the fathers who lose access to their children because of concerns about … Continue reading Building a picture of fathers in the family justice system in England | Nuffield Foundation
- Family Justice Resource HubThis new page on the ADCS website hosts a series of practical resources, such as templates, tools and practice guidance which will … Continue reading Family Justice Resource Hub
- Family justice overhaul bids to limit number of care proceedingsGuidance and recommendations aim to divert more families from the courts and ease practitioners’ workloads through better use of pre-proceedings and section … Continue reading Family justice overhaul bids to limit number of care proceedings
- Unequal chances? Ethnic disproportionality in child welfare and family justice | Family LawMany have experienced their own Black Lives Matter moment in the last 12 months, a sharp realisation of entrenched prejudices and inequalities … Continue reading Unequal chances? Ethnic disproportionality in child welfare and family justice | Family Law
- Protecting Children’s Rights in Institutional SettingsProtecting children’s rights in institutional settings 21 & 28 April 2021, 10am-1pm (two half-days via Zoom) – LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE15 & 22 … Continue reading Protecting Children’s Rights in Institutional Settings
- #HappyHoli2021All good wishes for a happy Holi. While things may look a bit different this year, Holi festival is a spectacularly beautiful … Continue reading #HappyHoli2021
- Happy Passover | Jan PepplerAfter a year of Covid-19, Passover has new meaning. Even if you are not Jewish, consider celebrating this holiday on Saturday. Passover — … Continue reading Happy Passover | Jan Peppler
- Women in leadership | Social Work Week 2021In honour of International Women’s Day, this wonderful event celebrated diversity and leadership in social work. This keynote session welcomed Sarah Blackmore, … Continue reading Women in leadership | Social Work Week 2021
- Our Families, Our VoicesOur Families, Our Voices, 7.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. On Tuesday 30th March 2021 Just a quick reminder of the “Our Families, … Continue reading Our Families, Our Voices
- An evening of talks, performances & conversation curated and led by young people, parents & kinship carers | @FamilyRightsGpOur Families, Our Voices, 7.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. On Tuesday 30th March 2021 Family Rights Group invites you to an evening … Continue reading An evening of talks, performances & conversation curated and led by young people, parents & kinship carers | @FamilyRightsGp
- Launch of a once in a generation “Beveridge Report for children”Dame Rachel de Souza, Children’s Commissioner for England, has launched a ‘once-in-a-generation review of the future of childhood’ by the Children’s Commissioner’s … Continue reading Launch of a once in a generation “Beveridge Report for children”
- Ubuntu: I am Because We are – Strengthening Social Solidarity and Global Connectedness.World Social Work Day is celebrated all round the world each March. The theme this year is Ubuntu: ‘I am Because We are’. It is a … Continue reading Ubuntu: I am Because We are – Strengthening Social Solidarity and Global Connectedness.