Family rights group advice services
The Family Rights Group provide a free and confidential advice service via telephone and online discussion boards. Their expert advisors have extensive experience in legal and social work practice, they help families to understand the law and child welfare processes, as well as better understand the concerns of social workers.
Family Rights Group is working alongside local authorities to implement Lifelong Links, the aim of which is to build lasting support networks for children in the care system. This short film, produced by Hertfordshire County Council and their young people, explains more.
Grandparents Plus is a national charity (England and Wales) dedicated to supporting grandparents and other relatives raising children who aren’t able to live with their parents. For further information about their services:
Interested in fostering? contact your local council
Need information about the cost of fostering? here
Information about training and support for foster cares: here
Information about types of foster care: here
Information about claiming benefits while fostering: here
- REMOVAL OF SAFEGUARDS FOR CHILDREN IN CARE – JUDICIAL REVIEW GIVEN GO AHEAD#SCRAPSI445, CHILD PROTECTION, CHILDREN IN CARE, CHILDREN’S RIGHTS IN CARE, STATUTORY INSTRUMENT 445 Thank you Article 39 for your continued work to promote and protect every … Continue reading REMOVAL OF SAFEGUARDS FOR CHILDREN IN CARE – JUDICIAL REVIEW GIVEN GO AHEAD
- Great new training from Jenny Malloy, Times Bestseller author of Hackney ChildJenny Molloy, Times Bestseller author of Hackney Child is providing two training events. More details below including links to book your place … Continue reading Great new training from Jenny Malloy, Times Bestseller author of Hackney Child
- Huge spike in number of children needing foster care during pandemic, Barnardo’s warnsA surge in demand for foster care places combined with a drop in potential carers as a result of the coronavirus pandemic … Continue reading Huge spike in number of children needing foster care during pandemic, Barnardo’s warns
- NIROMP: Nominations for National IRO Advisory GroupCall for an IRO Advisory Group – get your nominations in! We are looking to set up a national IRO Advisory Group, … Continue reading NIROMP: Nominations for National IRO Advisory Group
- Public Law Working Group Recommendations to achieve best practice in the child protection and family justice systems:Special guardianship orders | June 2020Message from the President of the Family Division Since its addition to the canon of orders that are available to the Family … Continue reading Public Law Working Group Recommendations to achieve best practice in the child protection and family justice systems:Special guardianship orders | June 2020
- RACISM, RACIAL DISCRIMINATION – EDUCATION & ACTIVISMThe National IRO Managers Partnership (NIROMP) is appalled by the murder of George Floyd. We stand in solidarity with the Black Lives … Continue reading RACISM, RACIAL DISCRIMINATION – EDUCATION & ACTIVISM
- Carlene Firmin & Susan Rayment-McHugh #ContextualSafeguardingTWO ROADS, ONE DESTINATION: Community and Organizational Mechanisms for Contextualizing Child Abuse Prevention in Australia and the UK Authors: Carlene Firmin & Susan Rayment-Mchugh … Continue reading Carlene Firmin & Susan Rayment-McHugh #ContextualSafeguarding
- NIROMP Guest Post by Martin Barrow as part of our Covid-19 Short Stories seriesLET’S BUILD SOMETHING TOGETHER Author: Martin Barrow @MartinBarrow Local authority foster carer, journalist. The bunk beds in the children’s room have been … Continue reading NIROMP Guest Post by Martin Barrow as part of our Covid-19 Short Stories series
- Using video chats for family timeThe current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has demanded that IROs, IRO managers and social workers make adjustments to practice extremely quickly. One area … Continue reading Using video chats for family time
- NIROMP: Proud supporters of ‘Right Friend Campaign’ #NIVN #RightFriendNIROMP are excited to help promote this campaign launch from the National Independent Visitor Network. Please join us in participating in this … Continue reading NIROMP: Proud supporters of ‘Right Friend Campaign’ #NIVN #RightFriend
- Coming out of lockdown: What is controlling or coercive behaviour? Free event.Women’s Aid have in a variety of reports questioned whether the courts and practitioners have the correct training to apply these elements … Continue reading Coming out of lockdown: What is controlling or coercive behaviour? Free event.
- NEW: Independent Reviewing Officer opportunities!Independent Reviewing Officer – Hammersmith and Fulham Advert Text: An exciting opportunity has arisen in the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham … Continue reading NEW: Independent Reviewing Officer opportunities!
- Learning from Serious Case Reviewsserious case review ‘Grace, lisa and carery’ Abstract: Sexual abuse of three girls by their male foster carer. The victims, Grace, Lisa and … Continue reading Learning from Serious Case Reviews
- Audit tool to support early and effective permanency planning for looked after children.This latest audit tool has been developed as part of NIROMP’s audit / improvement work – to contribute towards our strategic priority: … Continue reading Audit tool to support early and effective permanency planning for looked after children.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.