How the partnership came into being
The partnership formed originally in 2004 as a ‘working group’ made up of IRO Managers who were representatives from the Government regional areas across England, to work with the Department for Education (DfE) on ‘IRO guidance’ for The Adoption and Children Act 2002. With our advice, the roles and responsibilities of the Independent Reviewing Services became embedded within the framework of the IRO Handbook, linked to revised statutory Care Planning Regulations and Guidance which was introduced in April 2011.
The managers group continues to work directly with government, acting as advisors in relation to guidance, policy and practice; and sharing regional and national information in relation to care planning and outcomes for children and young people in care and care leavers.
Covering each of the nine regions of England, NIROMP has a well organised programme of regional meetings and Community of Practice events with and for IROs.
More about the work of the regions: Contact Us
Ensuring the child’s views are taken into account: Care Proceedings: Role of the Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO)
Facilitating an effective IRO service: Local authority responsibilities
Message from the Chair: here
Feedback and comments
We hope you find the site helpful – let us know – leave a comment. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find a reply box where you can add some text.
We may hold your comments and we will not reply to all comments. We reserve the right to not publish all comments.
Purpose and limitations of this website
This site is self-hosted and not equipped to deal with any individual legal, emergency, criminal, mental health, safeguarding, or protection issues or advice of any kind.
Our aim is to provide useful articles for informational and interest purposes only.
- Anti-Racism & Activism: Towards Racial JusticeLast updated: 26 May 2021 Towards Racial Justice One Year Later: THE BIG PROMISE. On May 25th 2021, one year to the day of … Continue reading Anti-Racism & Activism: Towards Racial Justice
- One year on: Anti-Racism and ActivismLast updated: 25 May 2021 Towards Racial Justice One Year Later: THE BIG PROMISE. May 25th 2021, one year to the day of the … Continue reading One year on: Anti-Racism and Activism
- From investigating to empowering parents: how MacAlister review should reshape children’s social care | Community CareSocial work professor and care review adviser Paul Bywaters says it should advocate a reversal of focus in children’s social care towards investing in … Continue reading From investigating to empowering parents: how MacAlister review should reshape children’s social care | Community Care
- NIROMP Call to Action: Independent Review of Children’s Social CareSharon Martin, Chair of the National IRO Managers Partnership (NIROMP), said: “I am delighted to throw NIROMP’s support behind the work of the A … Continue reading NIROMP Call to Action: Independent Review of Children’s Social Care
- The Big PromiseThe Big Promise is a commitment to action, not just words. Tune in on Tuesday 25 May to hear more. We’re urging people to … Continue reading The Big Promise