Should it be illegal to discriminate against children in care, care leavers or care experienced?
BASW are running this FREE event on Monday, 30 September 2019 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm in Wolverhampton.
This event will explore the argument why ‘care experience’ should be a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010.
Expected learning outcomes are –
- Information for Social Workers and other professionals about what happens to those leaving care including later in life.
- An understanding of the lived experience of people with care experience.
- How social workers may strengthen their practice.
- How local and national policies should change.
- Carolyne Willow, Article 39
- Ian Gould, Every Child Leaving Care Matters
- Jacqueline McCartney, Care Experienced Adult
- Ben Westwood, Care Experienced Adult and author of Poems from a Runaway