The South East is leading the way in thinking as systems leaders for both the emotional health and social welfare needs of our Children in Care, for whom we’re all Corporate Parents. A recent webinar hosted by NIROMP South East Region, captures the dialogue in a South East Community of Practice event with NHS and wider colleagues.
In the webinar – which you can watch below, we focus on the Children in Care Clinical and Practice Guide. This provides a practical overview of best evidenced practice in recognising, understanding, supporting and monitoring change in the emotional wellbeing and mental health needs of our Children in Care. We hear from:
- Dr Gavin Lockhart, Clinical Lead for NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Lee Atkins from Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC)
- Beverley Barnett-Jones from Nuffield Family Justice Observatory
You can download the presentations from the event here:
- Gavin Lockhart: Understanding the ‘Children in Care evidence based clinical review and practice guide’
- Andrea King: South East Partnership Strategic Transformation
- Beverley Barnett-Jones: Ethnic ‘Racial’ Disparity and disproportionality
The following agreements set out a commitment by Leaders across the South East to Children in Care; by making a promise – a shared ambition as Corporate Parents to every child in care:
Please feel free to disseminate this information freely across your local networks.