Source NIROMP Reposted 3rd December 2023
Venue: Each session will be held via MTeams and a link provided by the session host nearer the time.
These are spaces for shared learning and development focused on IRO practitioners, IRO Managers and leaders.
Benefits of attending:
- Join colleagues in sharing best practices and creating new knowledge to advance professional practice.
- Hear from guest speakers and share learning from the latest research.
- Learn more about what works and support with data collection and analysis
- Introduction to resources that will help you make effective use of guidance, tools and new insights relevant to practice.
- Opportunities to network and learn from others
- Updates on latest initiatives and research.
- Update your CPD.
Schedule of events:
- 7 February 2023, 12-1.30pm. Focus: IRO Continuing Professional Development & Promoting the Voices of Children. Leading: Sharon Martin, NIROMP Chair and Izzy Martin NIROMP East Midlands Regional Lead.
- 21 March 2023,12-1.30pm. Focus: Unregulated settings, children placed at home and children returning home. Leading: Paul Nash NIROMP West Midlands Regional Lead and Lee Durrant NIROMP York & Humber Regional Lead.
- 2 May 2023,12-1.30pm. Focus: Promoting Positive Anti-Racist Practice. Leading: Sharon Martin NIROMP Anti-Racism Steering Group members – Sharon Martin; Denise Gilley; Donald Lindo; Melissa Robinson; Umu Conteh, Charmayne Harty and Amanda Ankers.
- 13 June 2023, 12-1.30pm. Focus: Transitional Safeguarding. Leading: Sharon Martin, NIROMP Chair.
- 25 July, 12-1.30pm. Focus: IRO Challenge & Dispute Resolution. Leading: Tricia Hunte, NIROMP Greater London.
- 5 September, 12-1.30pm. Focus: Promoting Children’s Voices. Leading: Izzy Martin NIROMP East Midlands Regional Lead
- 28 November,12-1.30 pm. Focus: ‘In My Shoes’. Joint session with Cafcass. Leading: Joanne Wren IRO Manager Stockton, Sarah Edwards IRO Manager Redcar and Karen Burns – CAFCASS.
More information and registration link: NIROMP Community of Practice: Making it Happen