In response to The Care Review’s recently published Case For Change’, The Black Care Experience ask the Care Review to take a deeper and further look into the racial and ethnic disparities experienced by those who are Black and In Care: HERE
In order to help, The Black Care Experience will be hosting a series of Black Table Talks to bring our journey to light and present our case for change
The Black Care Experience extend an invitation to you to attend a Black Table Talk that is specific and relevant to you.
The Black Table Talks will take place on ZOOM, on the following dates and times for the specific groups. Members from England’s Care Review will also be in attendance.
- Age 16 – 24 > Monday 5th July 6pm – 7pm
- Age 25 and above > Wednesday 14th July 6pm – 7pm
- Age 8 – 15 > Monday 19th July 6pm – 7pm Social Workers (including Supervising Social Workers)> Monday 9th August 2021 6pm – 7pm
- Foster Carers > Monday 16th August 2021 6pm – 7pm
- Adoptees > Monday 23rd August 2021 6pm – 7pm
The Black Table Talks aim is to provide context and balanced solutions about what works and what does not work for how Black Children in Care are cared for, informing the Review.
To Register to attend the specific and relevant Black Table Talk, please contact them at email@example.com.
Here is more information from the Black care Experience: https://theblackcareexperience.wordpress.com/
Please note this is NOT a NIROMP initiative.
Chair, National IRO Managers Partnership (NIROMP)