Source NIROMP Reposted 31 March 2023
Venue: Each session will be held via MTeams and a link provided by the session host nearer the time.
These are spaces for shared learning and development focused on IRO practitioners, IRO Managers and leaders.
Registration link for any of the events is via Eventbrite: NIROMP Community of Practice: Making it Happen
Benefits of attending:
- Join colleagues in sharing best practices and creating new knowledge to advance professional practice.
- Hear from guest speakers and share learning from the latest research.
- Learn more about what works and support with data collection and analysis
- Introduction to resources that will help you make effective use of guidance, tools and new insights relevant to practice.
- Opportunities to network and learn from others
- Updates on latest initiatives and research.
- Update your CPD.
Schedule of events:
- 7 February 2023, 12-1.30pm. Focus: IRO Continuing Professional Development & Promoting the Voices of Children. Leading: Sharon Martin, NIROMP Chair and Izzy Martin NIROMP East Midlands Regional Lead.
- 21 March 2023,12-1.30pm. Focus: Unregulated settings, children placed at home and children returning home. Leading: Paul Nash NIROMP West Midlands Regional Lead.
- 2 May 2023,12-1.30pm. Focus: Promoting Positive Anti-Racist Practice. Leading: Sharon Martin NIROMP Anti-Racism Steering Group members – Sharon Martin & Melissa Robinson.
- 13 June 2023, 12-1.30pm. Focus: Transitional Safeguarding. Leading: Sharon Martin, NIROMP Chair.
- 25 July, 12-1.30pm. Focus: IRO Challenge & Dispute Resolution. Leading: Tricia Hunte, NIROMP Greater London.
- 5 September, 12-1.30pm. Focus: Promoting Children’s Voices. Leading: Izzy Martin NIROMP East Midlands Regional Lead
- 28 November,12-1.30 pm. Focus: ‘In My Shoes’. Joint session with Cafcass. Leading: Joanne Wren IRO Manager Stockton, Sarah Edwards IRO Manager Redcar and Karen Burns – CAFCASS.
Slides from past events:
How to update your social work registration requirements – Continuing Professional Development
More information and registration link: NIROMP Community of Practice: Making it Happen