Please can you circulate within your IRO and social work networks. Social Work England want to ensure good sector involvement relating to re-registration and CPD audit system: Continued Fitness to Practice focus group – invite to join focus group
Getting involved in the consultation is a great opportunity to shape the future by sharing your thoughts and ideas about renewal of registration, the standards and ways of auditing that demonstrate social workers continue to be fit to practice.
In particular, Social Work England are interested in the following areas of discussion:
- The best way to consult on models of continuing fitness to practice
- Issues in timeframes for introducing new arrangements
- What you think would work well in terms of demonstrating fitness to practice
- Key issues in relation to standards , professional development, providing evidence and learning opportunities
Here are the dates of focus groups – please click the link to reserve a place (limited due to room capacity):
- 5th July – Birmingham BASW offices. 10 am- 11.30 am Click here to book a place 37 Wellesley House, Waterloo Court, Waterloo Street, Birmingham B2 5PP
- 11th July – Leeds. Skills for Care Head Office Click here to book a place West Gate, 6 Grace St, Leeds LS1 2RP18th July
- 18th July – London. DfE offices. 10.30 am – 12noon Click here to book a place 20 Great Smith St, Westminster, London SW1P 3BT
For more details please download and share: Continued Fitness to Practice focus group – invite to join focus group
If you are an IRO and cannot attend but would like to provide some feedback – please get in touch with 3 options for a half hour telephone conversation with Nimal Jude (Strategic Social Work Lead for Social Work England). Your regional lead can provide Nimal’s contact details. Alternatively, please complete the contact form below and we will put you in touch.
Social Work England: secondary legislative framework consultation responses: Social Work England: secondary legislative framework, government consultation response